8 Ways to Use Aloe in Your Beauty Routine
I am obsessed with Aloe vera! I use it for so many things so I always keep a fresh jar of it handy. I'd guess about 60% of the reasons I use it are beauty related! I wanted to share with you guys ways you can incorporate aloe into your beauty routine and feel good about knowing you are going all natural AND saving some moola not buying expensive products.
1. Hair Mask: I use this mask to help make my hair stronger, which leaders me shed less!! I also use it when my hair feels dry and just over it.
Directions: Scrape the Aloe out of the leaf, blend it in a blender and then apply to scalp; leave on for 30 minutes and then rinse. It helps strengthen up that hair working so hard to grow as well as calm down angry, itchy scalp.
2. Facial Mask: Aloe is perfect for sensitive skin. I whip one up when my face feels dry and dull.
DIRECTIONS: Mix 1 Tbsp Aloe vera + 1 tsp coconut oil + 1 tsp of juiced lemon in a bowl. Wash the skin and then apply letting it sit for a few minutes before rinsing.
3. Shaving: My skin is way too sensitive for shaving cream, so I stick with Aloe! Just use it the same way you'd use cream. Sometimes I even put some more on after I shave!
4. Anti-Frizz + Styling Gel: Just a pinch goes a long way! I have curly hair so an anti-frizz product stays trollin under my sink at all times. Unlike some of the products I have tried, Aloe became my go-to because it didn't weigh down my curls. It is a gel that isn't greasy and a texturizer that isn't sticky. Bomb.
5. Toner: After washing my face at night, I like to sprits my face with a tonic.
DIRECTIONS: Mix equal parts of Aloe and organic rose water in a spray bottle. Add about 2-5 drops of almond oil depending on the bottle size.
6. Acne Fighter: A blemish cream that doesn't have chemicals?! Just apply Aloe vera straight from the plant to your blemishes and let it dry. It has soothing properties that help inflammation and kill bacteria.
7. Brow Gel: Sometimes my eyebrows are all over the place. I sleep with an eye mask which can make them look insane in the morning. After filling in my eyebrows, I brush in some Aloe to keep them in place!
8. Mouthwash: Aloe is full of antioxidants, antibacterial and antiviral agents, so it is bad ass for killing bad breath.
DIRECTIONS: Mix 1 cup Aloe vera + ½ cup distilled water + 2 tsp baking soda + 10 drops of peppermint essential oil. Do not swallow. Feel like I shouldn't have to say that but...Tide Pod challenge became a thing so....
Aloe vera can be found at pretty much any grocery store. I recommend buying no more than two at a time if you are only buying for yourself. They do not last a super long time before getting smushy, which I find super gross to try and work with.
If you have any questions about Aloe or other beauty secrets feel free to shoot me an email!!